Home * Patterns * Tutorials * Made It * Our Story

Monday, August 25, 2014

Celestial Star: Progress Week

Celestial Star QAL with from blank pages...


Hey everyone!! How is it going?! Have you been able to make any progress these last few weeks?? I hope so! But even if you haven't, there is still another month left, so don't worry. :)

I did make some progress last week, though I wish I had made a little more. I will have a busy sewing week this week, and I'm excited for it! :) Here are all my finished blocks so far. It is such a beautiful day today, I couldn't help myself but have a photo session out on our balcony. In no particular order:







I had the hardest time with the center on this one. I'm not super happy with it, but I'm leaving it for now.




Here is the latest one that I finished:



This one is next in line for being finished. I just need to cut out more of the white background fabric and I can join the other half of this block.



The other night I attempted to lay them out and take a picture. It's not very good in the low lighting, using my phone, but I'm excited as to how the blocks are coming together. The bottom block in the center is the only block out of place, it will actually go at the very bottom of my quilt. :)



 5 blocks  left to go... I can't wait to put them all together. I love all your comments on IG, and find it interesting the blocks that different people really love. Some that aren't my favorite, seem to be other people's favorites, so it helps me feel ok about including all of them in the quilt. :) Thanks!! Your support is greatly appreciated!!! :)


Be sure to link up your progress below!! Even if you have already shared a post in the linkup, you can always add more. Or share on Instagram using #CelestialStarQAL :)


   

   


This is the last progress week, and then I'll start back with some more regular posts and another giveaway starting next Monday! Come back tomorrow for another Sponsor Introduction!!! :)


Happy Monday! and Happy Sewing!! :)

Diane

1 comment:

  1. I just love how different your blocks look compared to mine. Have I mentioned lately how awesome this pattern is??? I think my favorite of your blocks is the one you just finished. I love the "flower" designs and the colors in yours are phenomenal! Thanks again for organizing this QAL. I've had lots of fun with it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping in to say hi! I always love your comments, they make me smile!

If you have a no-reply account, be sure to leave your email address so I can respond to you.