Today I want to show you how I turned my 6 inch finished quilt block into a 10 inch double border mini. Are you ready?! (Yes, I still need help picking a binding fabric. Any suggestions???)
2 - 6.5 inch x 3/4 inch (A)
2 - 7 inch x 3/4 inch (B)
2 - 7 inch x 2 inch (C)
2 - 10 inch x 2 inch (D)
2. Lay out your block and fabric as follows:
3. Sew both (A) pieces to opposite sides of the pattern:
4. Sew both (B) pieces to the top and bottom of the pattern:
5. Sew both (C) pieces to opposites sides of the block:
6. Sew both (D) pieces to the top and bottom.
7. Create a quilt sandwich by layering top, batting, and backing fabric.
8. Baste with pins or spray baste. I love to spray baste, especially with little blocks like this.
9. Quilt as desired. Minis are especially fun to hand stitch.
10. Square up to 10 in x 10 in.
And your finished! A beautiful mini to hang on your wall, or use as a snack mat... if you dare. ;) These would make great gifts for Mother's Day, birthdays, swaps, etc!
I'd love to see your minis that you make! Will you tag them on Instagram (#fbpPatterns) or link them up HERE on my blog! You could win a free pattern, fabric, or handmade goodie from me if you do. Just saying. ;)