If you're new to these parts, I recently started a linky party for everyone to share their project beginnings, or re-beginnings! It can be anything that includes and shares the start of any project. What inspired you, your pile of fabric, who it's for, what it's all about, or a cry for help in some of the deciding factors. It's actually a pretty broad topic, so I hope you will share your projects with us! :) I'm sure there's a lot of new starts going on right now... the linky is open each and every Thursday! I know I get pretty excited about starting new projects! Hence my overwhelming pile of WiP's. heehee.
Today I want to share with you something I started but then got totally stuck on... a new pattern. I think I mentioned Denise's quilt and how I love it. It inspired me to do my own Lou Lou Thi quilt, but the pattern is not working as well as I'd liked. I know I need to add some solids in there, but for some reason I am totally dragging my feet.
I'm thinking that on every "star" or 4 blocks, I'll alternate the rings in prints and solids. I need to just go ahead and try it. hopefully soon.
I am also doing a swap with Tiffany. SUPER excited! We have both had quite the journey trying to figure out if we'd be able to go to the Sewing Summit or not, and happily we both are! Yeah! Instead of doing the other swaps we decided to just do one together. We did make mosaics for each other, and decided to just make whatever we are inspired to make.
Here's my mosaic:
I am REALLY loving these jewel tone colors right now. :)
Here is Tiffany's mosaic... I think I know exactly what I want to make for her, but I've still got my thinking cap on. No giving away anything here! ;)
I've also got a list of blog commitments that I have not forgotten about. Things have been so busy here and in real life lately that I feel awful that I've let these people wait around so long... SORRY!!! I haven't forgotten you! Here's my list:
- Tutorial: for putting in zippers to the cash envelope pockets
- Tutorial: Giant Granny Quilt
- earlier in the year someone asked me to draft them a paper piecing pattern for fairy's. I can't find your email. If it was you, will you email me again!
- Tutorial: for the simple weave pattern. I mentioned sharing this with you during the Winterkist blog hop. I haven't forgotten this and am actually doing this design in a project right now, so I will probably have this up first.
- Candy land quilt
I am hoping that listing my blog commitments here, will help me finally get to all of them! Just keep bugging me if I don't! :)
Ok, that is all my starts for now. What about you? What projects do you have in store or need/want to work on?
Hope you're having a great week! :)
p.s. just a few things with the link up:
- PLEASE make sure to link back to this post in your blog post! Let others know where you're sharing your projects so they can come share theirs as well! :) You can also grab a button from my sidebar.
- Make sure you are talking about some kind of beginnings in your post. If I can't figure out how it ties into this theme, I'll have to delete your link. no offense.
- stop by others posts and leave some comment love! :)
Linky will be open until Saturday night! :)