Home * Patterns * Tutorials * Made It * Our Story

Thursday, September 27, 2012

from blank pages... #10

Despite being down and out this week (which has unfortunately meant that some of my fun blog posts for the Friendship Quilts Blog Hop didn't happen this week...) I did actually start on something new last night! Hooray for progress, right?! I am really getting tired of being tired and sick of being sick. heehee. I hate when it draaaaaaaaaags. Hopefully that I'm feeling a little better last night and this morning means I'm on the mend! crossing my fingers!


from blank pages... linky party


Onto my new beginning:
 Did you hear about the "Something Wicked This Way Comes" Halloween paper piecing blog hop at Whims and Fancies? Well, it's almost October already and that means it's about to start!! That also means I need to get crackin on my block! I am so excited to participate in this hop and have an excuse to finally use the cute Halloween fabrics I've had in my stash for a while now. :)


Originally I was thinking a castle, or bats, a witches broom, a black cat, a witches hat... and I'm sure I found a few other images on google that I thought would be fun. Last night I drew up a few images in Illustrator,

Working on ideas for the Halloween paper piecing blog hop. A witches hat? Or...
a hat

A cat? - for the Halloween paper piecing blog hop.
and a cat.


More people liked the cat on Instagram, so I'm going with that... (my user name is fromblankpages if you're on there, come follow me!) 


Black Cat Paper Piecing pattern
I was on a roll until I got to the ears. I'm a little stuck about how I want to break them up. I would love to keep the head one piece, so we'll see what I can come up with. :)


I don't know if I'm supposed to do this much reveal before the show, but hopefully this gets you excited!! I can't wait to see what everyone else is making!


p.s. Don't forget that tomorrow is the last day to link up your Friendship Quilts Projects!!! I am LOVING what projects have been shared and hope to see more!! :)


So what have you been dreaming up or working on??? I am really loving seeing your projects that you've been sharing!! :)


Just a few things with the link up:


  1. PLEASE make sure to link back to this post in your blog post! Let others know where you're sharing your projects so they can come share theirs as well! :) You can also grab a button from my sidebar.
  2. Make sure you are talking about some kind of beginnings in your post. If I can't figure out how it ties into this theme, I'll have to delete your link. no offense.
  3. stop by others posts and leave some comment love! :) 

Linky will be open until Saturday night! :)



Diane




3 comments:

  1. I am a new blogger. I linked earlier to day, but since then have completely messed up my blog, so the link doesn't work. I relinked, but can't remove my old one. :(

    Sorry about the inconvenience!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i signed up for this too after seeing your blog post - im totally terrified, i need to get working on it and i just dont even know where to start!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping in to say hi! I always love your comments, they make me smile!

If you have a no-reply account, be sure to leave your email address so I can respond to you.