Home * Patterns * Tutorials * Made It * Our Story

Friday, June 15, 2012

Hello Iowa.

Well, we are in Iowa! Happy day. :) This last week was full of driving, hotels, swimming, sleeping, and more driving. We went and saw our new place today. It's cute and has character. The kitchen is awesome and I think the rest of the house will be too, except it's not finished. They are doing some amazing remodeling and renovations and I'm really excited for them. They say they'll be finished on Monday. Yay! The movers should also be delivering our stuff on Monday. Hopefully it doesn't turn into a crazy mess. The yard will need a little work/cleaning up, but I'm hoping they'll let us do what we want with it. :)

For now we are staying in a hotel in the next town. We've stayed in some nice hotels this week, which is always exciting to me. The Fairfield Inn was by far the nicest! I could seriously decorate my house the way they decorated the rooms. I'm writing this on my phone so I can't format anything, but I'll add some pics at the end. :) The Hampton Inn was a close second. We made sure to swim at each hotel, a definite highlight for the boys!

They all did an amazing job in the car each day! We actually drove both of our cars. It would have been nice to get a break from driving and be able to trade off, but it was also nice to have H in a separate car. He can get kind of intense sometimes sitting between M and J. Poor Mabel has been dealing with ear infections and a sinus infection all week. Luckily we caught it before we left, I think she's feeling better. Maybe that helped her sleep more though? Idk.

Anyway, we're going to go to Target tomorrow (30 miles away) and get some clothes for church on Sunday. We already got invited to a baptism and a BBQ after church. That should be fun! Neils new boss is also LDS and we actually met him and his family two weeks ago while they were in Utah. It's nice to already have some ”friends” in our new town. Otherwise it's really weird to be here with none of our stuff and nowhere to stay. We arrived and were hit with this feeling of ”now what?”. Especially since Neil starts work on Monday! What a crazy adventure! I half feel like we should jump in the car and start driving.

Oh, and I can't forget the best part... I get a sewing room! Wahoo! :) lol. I'm going to set up the learning center in there too. I can't wait to set it up and share pictures! :) (ok, maybe that's not the best part, but I am excited for it!) ;)

Maybe I'll be able to share my last sewing project tomorrow. I want to link it up with Ellison Lane Quilts Summer Sewing event, but we'll see what happens. ;) if not tomorrow, then soon. (I didn't get my sewing machine back in time to get it on the truck, so it's actually in the car... I'm so tempted to sew. lol. Neil would kill me!)






10 comments:

  1. Good luck with the renovations and moving on Monday. I hope that it all goes smoothly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad everything went smoothly while driving !
    And good luck with the moving on Monday ! I'm sure everything will be fine :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited to see pictures of your new house! A sewing room would be wonderful, I'm a little bit envious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray, glad you made it safely!! Hope everything goes smoothly Monday, sounds like so far, so good :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So... you still have 3 kids and a husband LOL that's definitely a good end to a long trip! Glad to hear you all made it to Iowa safely. Now the real fun begins! Hope your unpacking goes smoothly & quick - you have sewing & gardening to do :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad to hear everything is going well so far! Monday sounds like it'll be a fun day. Hope the move in goes smoothly! Woo your own sewing room! =D

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an adventure! I'm glad you all made it in one piece :) I can't wait to see the new digs and that's really exciting to already have friends. Yippee for the sewing room too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad you made it safely! Can't wait to hear more about your new house!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck to you. Glad you arrived safely. Moving is such a pain, but it can be fun to "start over, and a sewing room of your own could be some consolation. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Today is Monday already. Hope everything is going smoothly. That 3rd pic of the hotel room does look great! I'm so happy for you to get your sewing room!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping in to say hi! I always love your comments, they make me smile!

If you have a no-reply account, be sure to leave your email address so I can respond to you.