Home * Patterns * Tutorials * Made It * Our Story

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

So far, so good... - Updated

I think I'll finish this.
maybe.
tomorrow. Today!

 IMG_3606

I'm trying to get all of my do.Good Stitches blocks done before I official start on my Christmas presents. I think if I don't they won't get done until Jan. The boys have been playing together really well today, so I figured I'd be able to whip these out really fast. Not so much. It seems like I sit down and sew one thing, and the next min I'm back up chasing them around. ;) Isn't that how it always goes though?!

I'm using Elizabeth's tutorial for her Mod Mosaic Pillow. I've wanted to make a quilt out of this for a long time, so I'm happy that I finally have an excuse where I don't have a choice but to at least try it out! :) It's probably more that I like to make everything, but this is definitely another one that is a lot of fun! :) I think I could do a whole quilt out of this easy! Maybe for Rachel's Scrap Attack starting in Jan! (Ha! Like I need one more thing right?!) We'll see. I think I'm glad that my husband doesn't read my blog. :) It's probably better for him too. ;) (teehee)


I hope everyone is having a lot more success with their Christmas sewing than me!

p.s. Don't forget to enter my two giveaways!!! for the big Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway Day!! :)


Updated: I DID finish it today!! Phew. That was rough! I had it almost done and then it was short on one side about 1/2" and a little more on another side. It was kind of hard to add just that much without making it look awful. Though maybe it does, but I don't want to think about it. ;)

DSC_0002
I like it. :) I don't know if I would really want to do a whole quilt of this though. Maybe if I didn't have to get every block exactly 12.5", and could just fit everything together however it fit. Then maybe I'd like it more. It was fun. :) I'll let you know after I make my second block.


Now I am off to bed! I am going to make myself start going to bed earlier! Starting my "new years resolution" a little bit early. ;)


Diane

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in to say hi! I always love your comments, they make me smile!

If you have a no-reply account, be sure to leave your email address so I can respond to you.