Home * Patterns * Tutorials * Made It * Our Story

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

W.i.P. Wednesday #12

Isn't there an old 90's(?) rock song that goes, "Where does the time go?..." Anyway, if not, there should be so I can sing it. Because right now that's how I feel. Ok, maybe it would be my theme song because I never seem to know where the time goes. :)

I have been racing the clock to get stuff finished though! Ok, not really... but I am happy to have a few little things to check of my list this week! :)

Finished:
I finished all the tissue covers for girls camp! They turned out super cute!! Did I mention last week how hard it was to pick our the fabric for some of the girls?! Because it was! They all left for camp today but won't get theirs until Friday... and I'm so happy to be going up there for at least one night! :) Yippy! :)

Tissue holders
17 total, plus two more that I want to make and then they told me I needed to make one for myself as well. :) I don't know if it's harder to pick out fabric for someone else, or for myself. ;) I guess I can make it to match my new purse (ok, I don't have a new purse yet. But I did finally decide on a pattern to use... I think.) :)

I also finally patched up a backpack that has been sitting on my floor for a few weeks now. It belongs to my hubby's coworker, and it is super nice! I understand why he wanted me to fix it! :) (I wouldn't mind keeping it - it has about a bajillion pockets! My favorite!) So I guess I can mark that off my list. :)

Other than sewing I also finally made up some more birthday cards to use! I love these ones. :) Happy Birthday everyone!
Birthday-Cards

I can't decide if on the bird one, if it should say "Birthday"  or "Bird day" :) I actually have another one that has a bird on it and says "Happy Bird day" I like it. :)


In Progress:
Sunshine wall hanging - the beginning
I am a bit late on this, but I am finally making some headway on my wallhanging for my to blank walls July project. I am totally being scrappy and messy putting this thing together, but it's actually going pretty well for what a sloppy job I'm doing. :) Ok, if it didn't look good I would do a lot better job, but for now it is working and that is good enough for me! :)
Sunshine Wall hanging
I can't wait to get everything on so I can quilt it! I have some great ideas in my head that I think will turn out really cute!

My Pouch for the Pretty {little} Pouch Swap: Dear Partner, I didn't realize that my zipper is WAY too short. So I ordered another one and it's on its way. Your pouch is ready to go once I get it, so if you read this, I'm sorry for the delay. :(  Here are a couple pictures of the fun inside pockets, and a little outer decor: :)
 IMG_2992
IMG_2998
this one is sewn down the middle, so it's really two pockets. The whole bag is a going to be a super big boxy pouch. I think it will be nice to have the added pockets in the middle. I hope I figured everything right so they are in the right place. :)

IMG_3002


Just sitting around:
I finally ironed the orange fabric that I'm going to use for the binding on my Lola's Quilt.

I think a LOT about this pile of fabric that is for Mikaela's quilt. I want to at least just get it cut up so I can put all the fabric away! That is going to take a lot of ironing though... blah. ;) my least favorite thing. especially on a hot day.

Mabel's quilt. I'm hoping soon I'll get up the courage to quilt it. I am not sure how I want to quilt it yet, and the back is minky which I'm kind of nervous about. I've heard it's not the easiest to quilt with, so we'll see how that turns out!


Need to get started on:
Yes, I have a few projects that I need to start and finish pretty quick. First, my bee blocks for the Harmony circle of do.Good Stitches. She has a cute inspiration photo. :)
Also, I need to figure out what in the world I am going to make for the Love of Solids swap. My partner is an AMAZING quilter and I am so intimidated to make something for her... I really don't even know where to start. But I think I'm narrowing my ideas down a little. :)

Well, that's should do it for now. Until tomorrow... I mean next week (although I'm sure it will feel like tomorrow when it gets here). :) Happy sewing!



Diane

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the sun! I will definitely have to copy your idea one day! It's fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping in to say hi! I always love your comments, they make me smile!

If you have a no-reply account, be sure to leave your email address so I can respond to you.